We Know The Influencer
TextureTrends℠, proven to help brands understand market behavior and opportunity, is a unique annual research report devoted to mining the textured hair consumer’s desires and needs and transforming this information into actionable market intelligence.
Each year, we poll a range of 3,500 – 5,000 women to gather the following information:
- Profile of the textured-haired consumer: segmented by curls, coils and waves
- Profile product purchasing behavior and influencers
- Profile product segments: ranking products & brands among stylers, shampoos, conditioners and services
- Profile of the textured-hair market: awareness, spend, retail preference, point of purchase and brand loyalty
In 2012, TextureTrends℠ produced TextureTrends℠ in partnership with Phoenix Research, a Honomichi Top 50 firm and one of the fastest growing research companies in the U.S.
Click here to get more information and pricing
Contact us today for more on the 2012 intelligence and learn more about customized market research offerings.
TextureTrends Wave 2: Table of Contents
I. Type of Curls and Attitudes about Curls
- Classification of hair type
- Types of products used*
- Specific brands used*
- History of use*
- Satisfaction and loyalty*
IV. Purchasing Behavior & Spending
- Purchase locations*
- Frequency of purchasing*
- Drivers and considerations*
V. Chemical Services and Treatments
- Frequency and spend*
- In-home vs. salon*
- Brand awareness and usage*
VI. Tools and Accessories
Once they find that “holy grail” product, 46% of curlies continue to try new products.
Consumers are 5X more likely to spend if spoken to by texture type.
People with textured hair buy on average three hair-care products a month, versus those with straight hair who buy on average one hair-care product a month.